Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Kitchen Cabinet Nightmare

So...haven't mentioned it yet, but my little fam is in the process of building a new home... this opens up WORLDS OF POSSIBILITES!!! right? Well, one would think.... And so did I.


I live in Nebraska....yup, that's right. See my name up there? The one that includes the word "modern"? I am talking M_O_D_E_R_N....like sterile. Nebraska and Modern do not generally go together, that's why I was SO EXCITED when I found some gorgeous high gloss white and espresso slab doors for my kitchen cabinets. And my kitchen designer had told me that the price was "close" to the standard alloted budget for my builder.


I had my whole kitchen picked out, the layout was done, the drawings were done, and the "cabinet lady" was ready to have us sign off on the plans... and so was I!!! It was fantastic! Slab Doors with chrome bar handles.... White on top, Espresso on the bottom, with a GORGEOUS white quartz countertop and double island. Then I stopped....wait a minute....."I haven't seen any pricing on this." She informed me that the price list had been sent to my builder. At that point I knew I was screwed. Why hadn't she sent it to me? Pretty sure the money is coming out of my pocket.


Well ladies and gents...turns out, slab doors are TWICE the price as the more elaborate wood rich crap that is more popular in these parts. Need I say I was livid? What the hell???? My bill was seriously TWICE the allotted budget. Not only that, she did not bother to mention it to me (even after she told me they were close)! Bait and Switch.


So, now, here I sit. What am I going to do here people!?!?!?!


I was going for this....
(photo courtesy of 1st-interiordesign.com)


























and I am having a continual dream (nightmare) of this :)

(photo courtesy of diychatroom.com)




















YIKES!!!!! any suggestions???






























































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment