Thursday, December 3, 2009

AHHHH!! I LOVE Christmas!

I have officially gotten more than half of my decorating done!! The biggest job is always the tree. Every year, sometime during November, my husband begins to lobby for a fake tree. I finally told him this year that he may as well give up, cause it will always be a losing battle. I cannot even fathom getting a plastic plant, when the real trees are so beautiful!! I told him he should try again when I am 80. :)

I wanted to share photos of this year's tree. Even I, humble as I am, :) believe that it just turned out beautifully!! I chose a red, silver and white palette for most of my decorations, with some teal thrown in here and there as it is my absolute fav color. I would guess that I haven't spent more than $100 on this tree, most of which was not spent this year!! I created the tree skirt out of this wonderful black and white vinyl with a damask print and some red "ball" trim. Very cheap project, and by far the best tree skirt that i have had.....wipes clean. The ornaments are mostly discount store finds. Classic glass balls in red, glittered, clear, and frosted glass. A very important aspect are the glittered red snowflakes...they make the tree. I think I found them at Walmart for something like $3.00 for twenty of them. Then, I add the statement ornaments. Important gift ornaments and HUGE glittered balls that I "hide" in the inside of the tree. It makes the tree very interesting to look at. It's like a little treasure hunt :)

Our gorgeous douglas fir was purchased from the most adorable tree farm! We spoke to the cute little lady who owns it for quite some time. She said that she and her husband had moved out of the city and started the tree farm 18 years ago, and that is all they do! Joel (my husband), decided that it sounded like a pretty sweet deal, and has since decided that he wants to do the same. Sounds good to me!

Here are some photos of our beloved Christmas tree. Take note that the three munchkins have already had their way with it several times....what's a wannabe perfectionist to do?


.............................................


No comments:

Post a Comment