Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Little Venting

Ok, so if you don't know, I live in Nebraska. Yes, Nebraska. I love it, as I am a HUGE Husker fan, love the good schools, and safe environment. However, it is practically impossible to find affordable modern furniture and home goods. The nearest Ikea if 5 hours away!! Insanity!
Everything is country here. I swear to you, if I walk into another "design" store and see another flippin rooster, I am going to drop-kick it through the window!! (just kidding) In all seriousness though, if you are in the remote area of Nebraska and no of a good (affordable) store, please let me know. I am sitting here looking around at all of the furniture and home decor that I had to "settle" for, and am a little disgusted. I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, there! Thanks for visiting my blog---looks like we are both fans of the modern/vintage look :) I'm sorry the shopping is lacking where you are (I hear ya, as I visited my bro-in-law in Omaha a couple of years ago when he was stationed there). You need to hoof it out to the NW (I live just outside Portland, OR) for some shopping at the Barn Sales this summer. You would freak out!
    "Just threw up in my mouth" is my fave movie quote, btw--that and "Nobody puts baby in the corner"

    Hope you're enjoying your holiday so far~
    My best,
    Lara B.

    ReplyDelete